How to allow LonelyScreen to communicate through Windows/Mac Firewall
By default, most programs are blocked by Windows Firewall, to help make your computer more secure. To make LonelyScreen work properly, please allow it to communicate through the firewall. Here's how to do that:
- Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Security, and then clicking Windows Firewall.
Start button -> Control panel -> Security -> Windows Firewall
- In the left pane, click Allow a program through Windows Firewall. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Select the check box next to the program you want to allow, and then click OK.
Allowing specific applications through OSX firewall
System Preferences -> Security -> Firewall Tab -> Lock Icon -> Add Application (+) button -> Select LonelyScreen -> click OK button.
- To allow a specific app to receive incoming connections, add it using Firewall Options:
- Open System Preferences.
- Click the Security or Security & Privacy icon.
- Select the Firewall tab.
- Click the lock icon in the preference panel, then enter an administrator name and password.
- Click the Firewall Options button
- Click the Add Application (+) button.
- Select the app you want to allow incoming connection privileges for.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
- You can also remove any apps listed here that you no longer want to allow by clicking the Remove App (-) button.